Read Our FAQ for Real Estate Transactions
Do you have questions about your real estate transaction? Here are some answers to our most frequently asked questions. Contact us if you need additional information.
Q: Do you provide estimates?
A: Abrahams Law Professional Corporation is more than happy to provide an estimate for your real estate transaction. The estimate will include legal fees, taxes and disbursements.
Q: What information will you need to get started on my real estate purchase file?
A: Ideally, we would like the following information to get started:
- Your full name as per your birth certificate
- Whether you are married and if so, the name of your spouse
- Your date of birth and, if applicable, your spouse’s date of birth
- Your occupation and, if applicable, your spouse’s occupation
- All telephone numbers at which you can be contacted
- All email addresses at which you can be contacted
- The address of the property being purchased (if available)
- The date of closing
- The purchase price
- The deposit amount (if any)
- The name of the vendor(s)
- Real estate agent(s) involved (if any)
- The contact information for your mortgage broker/consultant (if any)
- Agreement of Purchase document
- The contact information for the insurance agent from whom you will be obtaining homeowner’s insurance.
If you cannot get our office all of the above information immediately, that’s fine, but please make an effort to bring it to us as soon as possible.